Play Expo has just announced its first fourteen indie studios for the October Expo and in its line up of names are Fully Illustrated with Wulverblade one of the first 25 games selected under the ID@Xbox titles.
Michael Hearld from Fully Illustrated has described the Wulverblade as, “… a HD 2D side scrolling beat-em-up that aims to revive this lost genre and bring the classic arcade gameplay to the next generation on Xbox One.” He went on to say, “We’re hoping to be able to bring both a taster of the campaign itself as well as a ‘survive as long as you can’ arena mode to Play Expo and we can’t wait to get people’s feedback!”
Andy Brown, Director at Replay Events said “We are overwhelmed by the support the indie game community has shown our expo this year. The indie zone was a very popular feature at our Play Blackpool show in May as well as at Play Expo last year so we wanted to build on that momentum for this October’s show which is shaping up to be our best yet!”
The full list of Indie Studios and Games confirmed are:-
- Boneloaf – Gang Beasts
- Fully Illustrated – Wulverblade
- Lamplight Studios – A Pixel Story
- Mechabit – Kaiju Panic
- Payload Studios – TerraTech
- Hidden Armada – Mutiny!
- Utopian World of Sandwiches – Chompy Chomp Chomp Party
- Leda Entertainment – Bopscotch
- Application Systems – Ghost Control
- Application Systems – Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet
- Cinemaware – Wings: Remastered Edition
- Dojo Arcade – Creature Battle Lab
- Tall Studios – Shoot ‘Em Up Kit
- ProjectorGames – Dungeon Crawler
- ProjectorGames – Fortress Craft: Evolved
- Strategic Designs – Starters Orders
So with recent confirmations of the Red Dwarf boys attending and also stars of Star Wars and Doctor Who, this years Play Expo in October is going super nova. XBLG will be there, as we were last year, getting pictures and hopeful some video of the day but you need to make sure you are too!
Check out our video of what you missed last year.
Play Expo returns to EventCity (next to the Trafford Centre) in Manchester on 11/12 October 2014. Tickets are available from http://www.playexpo.net.