Avast ye, hear me cry for help …. Sorry I do not know what came over me there. Once again we are back with the patch notes for the latest Sea of Thieves update, I would like to say sorry for missing last weeks patch notes.
The Sunken Curse has now ended, there is no Bilge Rat adventures this week, this is an off week before Cursed Sails launches next week, so be sure to tune in to Lewy’s Mixer Stream or indeed my own Mixer Stream for some adventures.
So without any further ado, here is the latest patch notes directly from the guys over at Sea of Thieves HQ.
The Sunken Curse Bilge Rat Adventure has ended, and the Sea of Thieves faces an unusual calm. Rumours abound of a new threat on the horizon, making the shopkeepers of the Sea of Thieves nervous. Word in the taverns is that shops across the Outposts will soon be lowering their prices to encourage sales, so clever pirates may wish to save their coins…
Patch 1.1.8 also brings with it key performance improvements, crash fixes and additional fixes for other known issues.
- Great Water – Improved lighting, reflection and movement of water within the ship.
- UI Update – Ampersands have been updated to be more visible on loading screens and in UI header fonts.
- Sinking items now despawn at the lowest depths the player can swim to, instead of sinking beyond. This improves overall game performance.
- Multiple server and client crash fixes.
Further improvements and optimisations for all platforms are ongoing.
- The Executive Admiral Jacket no longer clips on muscular body types.
- Flags no longer become detached from flag poles when sailing.
- Players no longer clip out of the Sloop when interacting with Banana/Food Barrel.
- Screen stutter has been reduced whilst sprinting and aiming down sights.
- Players who earned but did not receive items during The Hungering Deep will receive these upon next login.
- Some players travel in an unintended direction when fired from a cannon.
- Some players may continue to hear muffled sound after being fired from a cannon.
We have reports that being fired out of a cannon again clears the muffled sound.
- The UI and pirates in the ‘Select Your Pirate’ carousel may not be visible for some players.
We have reports that the UI and pirates become visible after a few minutes.
- Some Skeleton Thrones Titles were not correctly awarded to players who completed the required Commendations.
Download and Installation
Xbox One: 1.36GB
Xbox One X: 1.36GB
Windows 10: 965MB
XBOX INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS CAN BE FOUND HERE.
PC INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS CAN BE FOUND HERE.
You can also follow me on Twitter – @Cetrie