Another day brings another new title to look forward to for next year, and if you are a fan of the hit movie then you are sure to enjoy this upcoming release from Saber and Focus home Interactive.
Set all over the world with locations such as New York, Moscow and Jerusalem this four player co-operative zombie shooter sets to tell the story of mankind’s struggle to survive it’s own extinction against the hordes of flesh eating zombies. And this is really what sets this game apart from other similar titles – the sheer numbers of zombies that come at you from every possible direction. Saber Interactive have made their own Swarm Engine to control the hundreds, and yes that is literal hundreds of zombies on the screen that will be running, climbing, crawling and jumping at you, they can even climb each other like in the hit film.
Teaming up with up to three people you can choose from one of the six classes to take on the zombies with. They all have their own unique playstyle and balance of firepower and abilities, add to that with procedural enemy and item spawns and you have untold hours of replay value. There’s no chance of surviving on your own – you will have to work together to survive the swarms using explosives, turrets, traps and barricades and of course your characters weapons. These will all vary depending on what class you choose:
• Gunslinger – For those who skip the questions and shoot first, the Gunslinger is loaded with an arsenal of weapon damage and ammo-boosting perks to mow down the dead.
• Hellraiser – Enough explosives can solve any problem! Hellraisers come armed with C4 and other tools for effective crowd control.
• Slasher – For warriors with a sense of elegance, the best way to kill is with your trusty blade. Slashers have perks that increase melee damage and effectiveness while their armed tasers deliver electrifying results.
• Medic – Sometimes the best way to fight the undead is keeping your teammates from becoming one of them. Armed with a Stim Pistol, Medics can heal fellow survivors from a distance and help keep the chaos under control.
• Fixer – When versatility in any situation is the highest priority, the Fixer is there for you, starting out with an explosive ammo case and several teammate ammo-restoring perks.
• Exterminator – Fire is the answer! Armed with Molotov cocktails and increased fire damage, the Exterminator just wants to watch the undead burn.