The latest update to the swashbuckling Sea of Thieves was released on 28th November and has plenty of new features and improvements for you and your scurvy crew! This free update is set to challenge old hands but will also give new buccaneers a chance to score some great loot and build their legend. So what is new?
- The addition of fog that can cloak all manner of dangers at sea and on land – watch out for renegade sloops, hull-bashing rocks and well-planned ambushes in the dense fog that can appear suddenly and leave even the most experienced crew lost with no bearings.
- New Merchant Alliance items to find including the explosive Mega-keg, Crate of Ancient Bone Dust and Mermaid Statue Gems.
- Creature features – There will be more Megalodon siblings of the Hungering one to hunt and kill, whilst the Krakens are learning new ways to attack and are growing bolder so will be seen more frequently. The reward for the extra risk of hunting these beasts is that they will cough up any loot they have been devouring for the last month.
- More skeleton forts to take on – The skelies have taken over another 6 forts bringing the total now to 9, and they are packing an explosive new surprise for you! So don’t take them for granted.
- Bone dust – This is a new way to rank up the Merchant alliance and can be acquired from killing skellies
- Sunken Spoils – Cursed Mermaid statues are appearing in the waters to lure in unwary pirates. If you mange to resist and destroy them you will be handsomely rewarded with magic-infused gemstones, used to rank up all three trading companies
- Improved skeleton ships including the addition of a new skeleton sloop, a new ‘Battle of the Devil’s Roar’ skeleton ship skirmish and the addition of roaming skeleton ships who display varying levels of aggression.
- New ways to express yourself including all-new ship customisations – cannons, wheels and capstans – and the time-limited ‘Wailing Barnacle’ ship and cosmetic set.
- A range of new Pirate Legend Commendations for Athena Levels 1-10.
And it doesn’t stop there; as well as all these permanent changes, there is a time-limited event where you can earn Wailing Barnacle cosmetics, so get sailing and looting you scurvy seadogs!
For more detailed info on these additions and for images of all the new cosmetic items head over to the Official Sea of Thieves website, but here’s a few to tease you: