Wales Interactive have been making some extremely interesting titles in recent years; The Bunker, The Late Shift and The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker are interesting titles indeed. The thing that all these games have in common is a FMV gameplay experience, where all visuals in game are recorded film footage. The latest game, The Shapeshifting Detective is no different.
The game boasts some hefty stats in its press release, though some of the factors have been broken down for us here –
- A large multi-location, multi-suspect FMV world to explore with over 1600 HD videos.
- Starring Rupert Booth (Contradiction) and Aislinn De’Ath (Doctor Dekker).
- Guest voice overs from Jesse Cox (YouTube) and Tex Murphy (Chris Jones).
- Shapeshift into nine characters to investigate and manipulate relationships from all angles.
- Delete questions to stay undercover and unlock new info.
- Hail taxi cabs instead of using a map screen, and listen to ambient broadcasts while you choose where to go.
- Randomly generated murderer to combat spoilers.
The game appears to be a steal at £9.99, though if you pre-purchase the game via the Microsoft Store then you can buy at the discounted rate of £7.99.
The game will release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Steam on November 6th.
Also do not forget to claim your free Games with Gold for October with your Xbox Live Gold subscription.
You can also follow me on Twitter – @Cetrie